I still get asked a lot how to copy a surface with Civil 3D. This is a really important step to become familiar with prior to pasting surfaces together. So here's how:
- To copy a surface (DTM) in Civil 3D, select the surface and then right-click.
- In the pop-up menu select BASIC MODIFY TOOLS, then select COPY.
- When prompted to enter the base point, enter 0, 0 at the command line, and press ENTER.
- When prompted to enter the second point, press ENTER
- Notice the new surface in Prospector.
- Right-click on the new surface and select SURFACE PROPERTIES.
- Type in a new appropriate name for the new surface.